It’s no secret that Solo Stove fire pits are one of the most popular smokeless fire pits on the market. They have surged to the top with a lot of great features, including portability and smokeless fire.
The Solo Stove Bonfire 2.0 is one of the most popular models they made. But for some, they just want something other than or something a little different than the Solo Stove.
So, what are some other fire pits?
Is there a quality Solo Stove alternative out there?
We did our research and compiled a list of the top smokeless fire pits to give you a solo stove alternative.
Let’s get started.
We are reader supported and as such we may receive a small commission at no expense to you by purchasing thru our links. More info here.
Here is our list of the Top Solo Stove alternatives:
Breeo X Series
What is the Best Solo Stove Alternative?
Best Overall: Turbro Pluto R19
The Turbro Pluto R19 outdoor fire pit is a really nice fire pit and I’m very impressed with it. If you’re looking for a reliable and functional fire pit for your outdoor space, then this might just be the one for you.
One thing I like about the Turbro Pluto R19 is how quickly it lights. You can get a fire going very quickly. Turbo claims in just three minutes, and perhaps with the right wood you can. I had a nice fire going very quickly that was kicking off some good heat. The dual airflow paths and large number of air inlets and outlets allowed the fire to spread evenly and quickly, so I didn’t have to wait long to feel the heat.
Another great feature of this fire pit is the star tray at the bottom. It’s designed to raise the logs off the bottom of the fire pit, which helps to increase air speed and combustion for an even fire with less smoke. As someone who has dealt with my fair share of smoke blowing into my face while trying to enjoy a campfire, this was definitely a welcome change.
The Turbro Pluto R19 also has adjustable legs, which is a really nice touch. You can open the legs to give you a greater distance from the ground or fold them up for increased stability on uneven surfaces. This also keeps a safe distance from the fire pit to the ground, which is important if you’re using it on a wood deck or other flammable surface.
Lastly, the Turbro Pluto R19 is super easy to disassemble and store. It has a nested design that saves space for storage, and it even comes with a waterproof storage bag to protect it from the elements or for easy transport to your next outdoor adventure.
Overall, I think the Turbro Pluto R19 outdoor fire pit is a great choice for anyone looking for a functional and reliable fire pit. It’s easy to use, produces less smoke, and has adjustable legs for added safety and stability.
- Quick lighting time (claimed to be three minutes)
- Dual airflow paths and many air inlets/outlets for even and quick fire distribution
- Star tray raises logs off bottom of the fire pit to increase air speed and combustion for less smoke
- Adjustable legs for added safety and stability, especially on uneven surfaces
- Easy to disassemble and store with a nested design and waterproof storage bag included
- Height: 19.5 inches
- Width: 19.2 inches
- Weight: 24.7 lbs
- Material: Stainless steel
- Fuel: Firewood
Second Place: Breeo X Series
Breeo vs Solo Stove. The battle! Two great smokleess fire pits. But if you are looking for something other than the Solo Stove, the Breeo is the way to go.
The Breeo X Series fire pit has an innovative X Airflow technology which helps improve airflow even when ash has inevitably built up. This helps keep it smokeless.
We have a full write up on the Breeos here.
The raised air vent design on the bottom allows oxygen to continue feeding the flames. The double wall technology is designed to channel hot air from the fire into a cavity before rising through the gap between the two walls. This combination creates a pressurized, heated oxygen mix that escapes through holes around the rim for a secondary combustion effect that is both satisfying and visually stunning.
Aside from its impressive technology, the Breeo X Series fire pit is built to last with heavy-gauge 304 stainless and corten steel construction. The lifetime warranty is a testament to the company’s confidence in its product. Lifetime Warranty!
Plus, with a full range of cooking accessories available, the fire pit can also be used as an outdoor cooking tool, allowing you to experience the joy of cooking over a fire without sacrificing the luxury of modern outdoor living.
With the Breeo X Series fire pit at your disposal, there’s no limit to the memories you can create. See for yourself why the Breeo tops our list of the best smokeless fire pits out there.
- X Airflow technology enables air combustion even after ash has built up
- Double wall design channels hot air from the fire into a cavity
- Hot air rises through the gap between the walls and, with secondary combustion, pressurized oxygen mixes with smoke to reburn
- Heavy-gauge 304 stainless and corten steel construction
- Lifetime warranty
- Full range of cooking accessories available to cook outdoors over the fire pit
Specs (X19 Model)
- Height: 14.75 inches
- Width: 22.13 inches
- Weight: 47 lbs
- Material: Corten Steel and Stainless steel
- Fuel: Firewood
Third Place: East Oak Pan Stove
Looking for an innovative and well-designed outdoor fire pit? The East Oak Pan stove is a great option.
With a wide bottom and narrow top, the stove allows for 20% more air intake and creates a faster, more vigorous flame. Its smokeless design and removable ashtray make cleanup a breeze, and the square column design effectively reduces spark splashes.
Plus, with a 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects and lifetime customer support, it’s a product you can trust for all your outdoor gatherings.
- Innovative design with a wide bottom and narrow top for 20% more air intake and faster, more vigorous flame
- Smokeless design with square-to-circle structure for full combustion and easy ash cleanup with removable ashtray
- Square column design and fire-gather ring to reduce spark splashes and protect heat-sensitive surfaces with stands and air holes at the bottom
- High-quality stainless steel construction for durability and weather resistance
- 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects and lifetime customer support
- Weight: 13.69 lbs
- Dimensions: 16.85″Dx16.85″W x13.57″H
- Fuel Type: Wood
- Material: Stainless Steel
Fourth Place: COOZOOM 15″ Portable Smokeless Fire Pit
Enjoy a wood fire, minus the smoke with the COOZOOM 15″ Portable Smokeless Fire Pit!
There’s nothing like gathering around a warm, cozy campfire–without having to worry about all the smoke. This easy-to-assemble and highly durable fire pit is perfect for camping trips, tailgates, park days, backyard get-togethers and more.
The double wall structure and strategic air flow holes create a toasty fire without any pesky smoke that would otherwise ruin your experience. Plus it comes with an ash pan that catches loose ashes and prevents clogging as well as an additional heat shield for surfaces beneath it.
And to finish off this great package, there is also a pot holder included for outdoor cooking!
With all its features in one place, you’ll understand why the COOZOOM is a cheap smokeless fire pit that is still great quality!
- Portable – easy to transport and set up
- Smokeless – enjoy a wood fire without the smoke!
- Double wall structure with holes creates hot air without smoke
- Ash pan catches loose ash and prevents clogging airflow
- Pot holder for cooking and grilling
- Height: 22.75 inches
- Width: 15.75 inches
- Weight: 18.39 lbs
- Material: Stainless steel
- Fuel: Firewood
Fifth Place: Inno Stage Stainless Portable Fire Pit
The Inno Stage Stainless Portable Fire Pit features a double wall bowl that creates efficient heat without smoke, as well as an optimized airflow for more heat and flame.
Setting up is effortless with only two parts, and when you’re done you can easily stow it away in the portable handles and storage bag.
This high-quality 304 stainless steel fire pit will last for years to come, making it one of our most popular solo stove alternatives. Enjoy a cozy evening around the fire or cook up some delicious burgers – whatever your occasion, the Inno Stage Stainless Portable Fire Pit has got you covered!
- The perfect backyard accessory for any gathering
- Double wall fire pit bowl creates efficient heat with no smoke
- Maximized airflow creates more heat and flame
- Easy to set up – just 2 parts!
- Portable handles and storage carry bag make it easy to take with you wherever you go
- Dimensions: 12.5x15x7
- Weight: 15.27 pounds
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Fuel: Wood Pellets
Most Portable: Fireside Outdoor Pop Up Fire Pit
If you’re looking for a quality and portable fire pit, the Fireside Outdoor Pop Up is the ideal choice. Simply set up within a minute without any tools needed – perfect for spontaneous camping trips or backyard parties. Great accessory for the RV lover!
The stainless steel fire mesh allows air to flow through creating intense heat with minimal smoke, while also holding up to 125 lbs of weight and preventing ash from falling through.
Plus, it comes with a 50 burn or 1 year minimum guarantee so you can enjoy your outdoor adventures without worry.
Get ready to roast some marshmallows, grill those hot dogs or tell ghost stories around the campfire – wherever you go with the Fireside Outdoor Portable Pop Up Fire Pit!
- Sets up in under 60 seconds – no tools required!
- Portable and lightweight – great for camping trips or backyard parties
- Stainless steel fire mesh allows for plenty of airflows, producing hot fires with almost no smoke
- Fire mesh can hold up to 125 lbs and doesn’t allow ash to fall through, making cleanup a breeze
- Comes with a 50 burn or 1-year minimum guarantee
- Dimensions: 242x24x15
- Weight: 7.2 pounds
- Material: Aluminium
- Fuel: Firewood and Charcoal
What Are Smokeless Fire Pits?
Smokeless fire pits are becoming more and more popular. This is because these fire pits offer the convenience of portable fire pits with the added bonus of creating a smoke free fire. This means that you don’t have to worry about your fire pit creating a lot of smoke, which can be an issue. Plus, some areas don’t have fire pits or fire rings so you need your own.
Some of the most popular smokeless fire pits include the Campfire Defender Pop-Up Fire Pit, the Innostage Fire Pit, and the Coozoom Fire Pit. All of these Solo Stove alternatives are made with portability in mind, so you can take them with you wherever you go.
Solo Stove Fire Pits are a popular fire pit that have many great features, including portability and smokeless fire. However, there are other cheaper portable fire pits on the market besides the Solo Stove.
The Campfire Defender Fire Pit is the most portable Solo Stove alternative, as it sets up in under 60 seconds without the need for tools. It is also lightweight and perfect for camping trips or backyard parties.
The Inno Stage Stainless Portable Fire Pit is another great Solo Stove alternative, as it is easy to set up and comes with a portable carry bag. It is made from high-quality stainless steel and is perfect for any outdoor gathering.
Finally, the COOZOOM Fire Pit is a great option for those looking for a stylish fire pit. It is made from stainless steel for great durability.
Whichever fire pit you choose, you are sure to enjoy your backyard gathering! And make sure to check the campfire rules!