When it comes to your RV, having the best RV sewer hose is one of the most important pieces of equipment you will need. You certainly don’t want your RV sewer hose breaking or leaking! Not only do you need a sewer hose that is durable and leak-proof, but you also need one that is easy to use and store.
We know that finding the best RV sewer hose kit can be a challenge with all the options out there, but we are here to help. We have put together a list of the best RV sewer hoses so that you can find the perfect one for your needs.
With our help, you will be able to find the right sewer hose for your RV, so that you can enjoy your time on the road.
What to Look For In The Best RV Sewer Hose?
When buying an RV sewer hose, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind.
First, you will want to make sure that the sewer hose is the right size for your RV. We love having the extra RV sewer hose extensions because the last thing you want is to not be able to reach the RV’s sewer outlet connection when you pull up. Having the option to make your sewer hose connection longer is a great thing. You can also easily store the extra RV sewer hose when not needed.
You will also want to make sure that the RV sewer hose is made of durable material so that it can withstand the wear and tear of use and shoving it in your storage.
If you are looking for a quality RV sewer hose, then we recommend checking out our list of the best RV sewer hoses for 2022. Over the years we have been camping and RVing, we have used a variety of different RV Sewer hoses. Check out our review so that you can find the perfect one for your needs.
We are reader supported and as such, we may receive a small commission at no expense to you by purchasing thru our links.
What is the Best RV Sewer Hose?
Camco Rhino Extreme
The toughest, most durable hose we tested.
A close runner up with great durability.
Camco Rhino Flex
Camco again showing it makes great RV products.
Really solid hose that comes in the 4th slot on our list.
Camco 360 Revolution
Budget Friendly Hose that will hold up.
1. Best Overall: Camco RhinoEXTREME RV Sewer Hose Kit – Kit – 20 ft
The Camco RhinoEXTREME RV Sewer Hose Kit is the best RV sewer hose overall for all your RV sewer needs. This one is certainly one of the most durable sewer hoses out there.
This RV sewer hose kit comes with two 10-foot sections of sewer hose, each equipped with pre-attached Rhino swivel bayonet and lug fittings. The transparent elbow with a 4-in-1 adapter makes hooking up to your RV’s sewer outlet a breeze and allows you to see the clarity when flushing.
Plus, the 4 RV sewer hose storage caps keep everything tidy and clean when not in use.
Best of all, this RV sewer hose is made from TPE material that is virtually indestructible. It won’t dent, rust or crush, and is resistant to pinholes and abrasion. You definitely don’t want any leaks in your sewer hose!
So whether you’re emptying your black tank at the campground or flushing out your gray water tank at home, the Camco RhinoEXTREME RV Sewer Hose has you covered.
- Comes with two 10-foot sections of RV sewer hose
- Pre-attached Rhino swivel bayonet and lug fittings
- Transparent elbow with 4-in-1 adapter
- Made from TPE material that is virtually indestructible
2nd Place: Valterra Dominator RV Sewer Hose Kit, 20′
The Valterra Dominator RV Sewer Hose Kit includes two 10′ sewer hoses with rotating fittings. There is a 90° universal sewer adapter, making it easy to connect to your RV’s waste tank.
The RV sewer hoses are made of UV stabilized poly construction for leak protection and are 23 millimeters thick, so they stay in shape when in use or storage.
The fittings rotate to keep the sewer hose flat, which makes it easier to drain your waste tank. Plus, the RV sewer hoses collapse to 39″ for easy storage. So don’t go on another camping trip without the Valterra Dominator Sewer Hose Kit – it’ll make your life a whole lot easier!
- Includes two 10′ RV sewer hoses with rotating fittings and a 90° universal sewer adapter
- Sewer Hose is made of UV-stabilized poly construction for leak protection
- Fittings rotate to keep the hose flat, making it easier to drain your RV waste tank
- Collapse to 39″ for easy storage
3rd Place: Camco 20′ (39742) RhinoFLEX 20-Foot RV Sewer Hose Kit
This handy RV sewer hose kit comes with everything you need to get the job done. It has two 10′ sections of RV sewer hose, a transparent elbow with 4-in-1 adapter and storage caps for each sewer hose. The bayonet fittings with four prongs make for a more secure fit, which is certainly important for an RV sewer drain hose.
Plus, the sewer hoses are made of durable polyolefin and reinforced with steel wire for added strength and longevity.
And when you’re finished using the sewer hoses, they compact down for easy storage in standard 4-inch square bumpers. We love this!
Whether you’re a full-time RVer or just enjoy the occasional camping trip, this RV sewer hose kit is essential for anyone who wants to make sure they have a convenient, easy-to-use solution for emptying their RV’s gray and black tank.
- Tough and durable hose made of polyolefin with steel wire reinforcement
- 4-in-1 adapter elbow makes it easy to connect to any RV dump station
- Bayonet fittings with four prongs create a more secure connection
- Compact design for easy storage in standard 4-inch square bumpers
4th Place: TITAN 15ft 15-Foot Premium RV Sewer Hose Kit-Thetford-17853, Black/Green
The Titan Premium 15-Foot RV Sewer Hose Kit is a tough sewer hose made of TPE (Thermal Plastic Elastomer). This durable construction provides superior puncture and abrasion resistance meaning it can handle even the most aggressive situations.
The Titan also comes with a Revolve RV Sewer Hose Adapter with Handle, making it easy to connect to any RV sewer outlet.
Plus, the included extension RV sewer hose gives you plenty of lengths to work with so you don’t have to worry about your sewer hose reaching the RV sewer outlet.
And if you ever need to replace a fitting or seal, you are covered with two replacement seals included.
So whether you’re a full-time RVer or just hitting the road for a weekend getaway, be sure to pack the Titan Premium 15-Foot RV Sewer Kit System!
- Comes with an extension RV sewer hose for plenty of length
- Replacement fittings and seals included
- Durable hose made of TPE (Thermal Plastic Elastomer), providing superior puncture and abrasion resistance.
- The Revolve RV Sewer hose adapter with Handle makes it easy to connect to any RV sewer system.
5th Place: Camco 360 Revolution 20′ HD Sewer Hose Kit
The Camco 360 Revolution 20′ HD RV Sewer Hose is a complete kit that comes with everything you need for a quick and hassle-free hook up. This RV sewer hose includes two 10 ft heavy-duty vinyl sewer hoses with pre-attached swivel lug and swivel bayonet fittings. There are also 4 sewer hose storage caps, a translucent elbow, and wire guards.
The patent-pending design features new pre-attached fittings that rotate 360 degrees for easy maneuvering in tight spaces. Plus, the included sewer hose extension kit gives you even more flexibility in where you can set up camp.
So why wait? Make your life on the road a little easier with the Camco 360 Revolution 20′ HD Sewer Hose Kit.
- 360-degree rotating fittings for easy maneuverability
- 20 ft of heavy-duty vinyl RV sewer hose
- Includes RV sewer hose extension kit for extra flexibility
- Translucent elbow and wire guards protect your equipment
- Easily store your sewer hose with included 4 storage caps
What is an RV Sewer Hose?
An RV sewer hose is a piece of equipment that is used to connect your RV sewer outlet to any dump station. It is important to find a durable and leak-proof sewer hose that is easy to use and store. Most RV sewer hoses are universal but you still want to make sure it fits your rig.
How To Choose the Best RV Sewer Hose?
When choosing the best RV sewer hose, there are a few things to consider.
- First, you need to decide what size sewer hose you need. Most RV sewer hoses range from 10-20 feet in length, but you can find longer or shorter sewer hoses if needed.
- You’ll also want to consider the type of fittings that the sewer hose has. Many RV sewer hoses come with bayonet fittings, which create a more secure connection. However, some campgrounds may have different fittings, so it’s important to choose a sewer hose that is compatible with the fittings at the dump station. Having multiple options is a great thing.
- Finally, you’ll want to consider the materials that the sewer hose is made of. RV sewer hoses made of PVC or TPE (Thermal Plastic Elastomer) are both durable and leak-proof, making them a good choice for RVers.
How Often Do You Need to Replace Your RV, Sewer Hose?
RV sewer hoses should be replaced every 2-3 years, depending on how often they are used. Hoses that are used frequently will need to be replaced more often than those that are only used occasionally. And certainly, any sewer hose with a leak needs to be replaced immediately. Proper care and storage will help prolong the life of the sewer hose.
How To Dump Your RV Waste Tanks?
If you’re wondering how to dump your RV waste tanks, it’s a pretty simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Connect the sewer hose to your RV’s sewer outlet and the dump station.
- Open the black water tank valve.
- Flush the black water tank until it’s empty.
- Close the Black water tank valve.
- Open the gray water tank valve.
- Flush the gray water tank until it’s empty.
- Close the valves and disconnect the sewer hose.
Remember to do the RV black water hose first so the gray tank can rinse any leftover residue.
That’s it! You’ve successfully dumped your RV waste tanks.
Should You Use a Waste Tank Treatment?
While not necessary, using a waste tank treatment can help keep your tanks clean and free of odor. It can also help break down any waste residue, making it easier to flush out your tanks. There are many different types of waste tank treatments available, so be sure to choose one that is compatible with your RV tanks.
The Bottom Line
Having the best RV sewer hose is an essential piece of equipment for any RVer. Be sure to choose a sewer hose that is durable, leak-proof, and easy to use. Also, take into consideration the size, type of fittings, and materials when selecting the perfect sewer hose for your needs. And don’t forget to replace your RV sewer hose every 2-3 years, or sooner if it starts to leak.